This year has certainly flew by. It seems like I was just watching the 2012 ball drop a few months ago. There has been a bunch of things that had happened this year for me.
- I quit my job at Scott’s Foods to work in housekeeping at Parkview Hospital. I really just wanted a change of scenery.The set hours and the pay each week were definite pluses for that change.
- I did have a small relationship at the beginning of the year that didn’t last all too long. But it surely made me realize what I really wanted for myself, concerning a significant other.
- I went to plenty of Komet hockey games near the end of their season last year and witnessed them win the conference title.
- I won tickets from a picture contest at IPFW to go to see a rock concert with one of my good friends Alex.
- I finished my Spring semester with good grades.
- I bought a road bicycle and so far I have put 500 miles on it, riding to work and around the area trails.
- I took a motorcycle basic rider course and got my motorcycle endorsement on my driver’s licence.
- I followed Wimbledon and the Olympics on television this year.
- I survived the crazy windstorm we had in Fort Wayne and throughout the mid-west.
- I went down in Southern Indiana to do some zip-lining with my friend Dan. While there, I also visited Brown County National Park and took in the beauty of the trees and landscape.
- I went to Indianapolis to participate in the Color Run.
- I went to the Allen County 4-H Fair with my sister, Lauren.
- I enlisted to the Army National guard on September 10, 2012.
- I had the opportunity to go to a Colt’s game in Indianapolis to hold a part of the giant American flag spread across the field during the National Anthem.
- I made the commitment early on in the year to run a half-marathon, so I got myself more physically fit and finished my very first 13.1 miles at the end of September.
- I made a visit to Bloomington to see my friend Alex and went to Hoosier Hysteria.
- Voted in an election for the first time ever
- I finished my Fall semester with decent grades.
There are so many other little things I did not mention that happened this year. Almost everything I mentioned here has its own blog post already.
This year has surely been eventful. Next year is already shaping up to be even more active than this year. Half of the year I will be in Missouri for military training. Plenty of adventures to be had and shared there. I had a great year. Thanks to all family and friends that made these moments special.
If you want to keep updated on my postings, simply bookmark this page to your browser, or type in your e-mail address in the box to the right at the bottom of the column and click follow. WordPress will send you an e-mail to confirm your request to follow this blog! Thanks!